DRC Accommodated Testing
Testing Services is a resource for students registered through the Disability Resource Center when faculty are unable to provide accommodations. For questions about student accommodations, please contact the DRC at 503.725.4150. For questions about testing procedures, contact Testing Services at 503.725.5301. The information below details the responsibilities of faculty, students, and Testing Services.
PSU Students' Responsibilities
Appointments are required. Call 503.725.5301 to schedule an appointment at least one week in advance. Additionally, check with our office before your appointment to ensure the exam has arrived.
Before taking an exam at Testing Services you must:
- Complete the Service Request Form online at the beginning of the quarter. If you need help updating or entering your information, please contact the DRC at 503.725.4150 or email@example.com.
- Meet with your instructor(s) at the beginning of the quarter and discuss the testing process and your accommodations.
- Schedule your appointment with Testing Services 7 days prior to exam, 503.725.5301.
During the quarter:
- Work cooperatively with the DRC and Testing Services to facilitate testing accommodations.
- Remind your instructor five (5) days prior to your exam that you plan to use your accommodations.
- Ensure that your professor sends the exam and proctoring form to Testing Services before you arrive to take your test.
On the day of the test:
- Be on time.
- Bring a photo ID AND any permitted testing materials, such as a calculator or scantron.
If you cannot take the test at the scheduled time (e.g. illness), you will need to:
- Notify your instructor as early as possible.
- Contact Testing Services to cancel your appointment. You are responsible for rescheduling your appointment.
Testing Services' Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate accommodations in collaboration with the DRC, instructor, and student.
- Ensure that all test materials are provided to students in accessible format.
- Receipt, inventory, secure storage, and return of testing materials
- Quiet, well-lit testing rooms with limited distractions
- Well-trained, professional staff to administer exams
- Strict adherence to high standards of test administration:
- Examinees are positively identified on the basis of current, valid, photo ID
- Staff monitor examinees at all times in the testing room or through audio/visual equipment and viewing windows (when available)
- Careful adherence to testing rules
- Accurate timing on exams
- Adherence to PSU Code of Conduct
- Communicate procedures clearly to the student and instructor
PSU Faculty Responsibilities
Required: Deliver or send the following materials in person or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or fax:
- The exam.
- The proctoring form. Required. Please save the form to your Desktop, and if you choose to e-mail the exam materials, send it as an attachment. This form enables us to administer the exam as you instruct. Please fill out the form completely, including the deadline, which we strictly adhere to. Students will be turned away and will not be permitted to test past this date without your explicit permission.
Consider being available by telephone or email during the test in case the student requires clarification on any aspects the test. Please provide the best contact method on the proctoring form. Please work cooperatively with the DRC and Testing Services to facilitate testing accommodations. Testing Services requires students registered with the DRC to make appointments one week in advance.
Please note: If you teach hybrid or d2l classes and students take the exam online, you can change the time limit and date/time availability (i.e. allowing a student to take a quiz at a different time period than the rest of the class) according to the student's testing accommodations. You can view the instructions here.