Student Health Insurance Information
Health Insurance Plan Benefits, Costs, and Important Dates
- $500,000 medical maximum per academic year ($100,000 for 2012-13 academic year)
- No deductible if using an Aetna provider
- Aetna Provider Network
- $3,500 out of pocket max for In-Network/$7,000 out of pocket max for Out-of-Network
- Emergency, Hospital, and Surgery coverage
- Outpatient Physician benefits paid at 100% if In-Network with $20 copay
- Outpatient Counseling visits paid at 100% if In-Network with $15 copay
- 80% In-Network/60% Out-of-Network Coverage for most other services (may a have separate copay)
- Diagnostic X-ray/Lab/MRI coverage
- Physical Therapy and Chiropractic coverage
- Prescription coverage up to $500,000 (includes birth control) ($100,000 for 2012-13 academic year)
- Maternity expense
- No referrals required to see a specialist
- Impacted wisdom teeth expense
The student health insurance plan for the 2013-14 academic year is $594 for each eligible term (i.e. Fall, Winter, and a Spring/Summer* combination). This amount will automatically be applied to the student's account unless they waive out by the Drop deadline. Click here for more information on the waiver process.
|Eligibiliity Dates for 2012-13||Drop Deadlines* for 2012-13|
*The Drop Deadline is the last day students can waive out of the Health Insurance Plan for each term.
**Insurance coverage ends at 12:01 AM.
***Students who have the insurance during Spring term are automatically covered throughout the summer regardless of graduating, traveling, or taking summer classes. See above for specific coverage dates.