Student Health Insurance Information
Health Insurance Plan Benefits, Costs, and Important Dates
For 2014-15 Academic Year
Benefit Highlights (See 2014-15 Student Health Insurance Brochure for more information)
- Unlimited medical maximum
- No pre-existing condition limitations
- $300 in-network annual deductible
- Aetna Provider Network
- $5,000 out of pocket max for In-Network/$10,000 out of pocket max for Out-of-Network
- Emergency Room Copay $250
- Hospital and Surgery coverage
- Outpatient Physician benefits paid at 100% if In-Network with $20 copay
- Outpatient Counseling visits paid at 100% if In-Network with $15 copay
- 80% In-Network/50% Out-of-Network Coverage for most other services (may a have separate copay)
- Diagnostic X-ray/Lab/MRI coverage
- Physical Therapy and Chiropractic coverage
- Prescription coverage (includes birth control)
- Maternity expense
- No referrals required to see a specialist
- Impacted wisdom teeth expense
The student health insurance plan for the 2014-15 academic year is $694 for each eligible term (i.e. Fall, Winter, and a Spring/Summer* combination). The annual amount for 12 months of coverage is $2,082. The cost for Summer term only (students who do not take Spring classes) is $513. This amount will automatically be applied to the student's account unless they waive out by the Waiver deadline. Click here for more information on the waiver process.
*The Waiver Deadline is the last day students can waive out of the Health Insurance Plan for each term.
**Students who have the insurance during Spring term are automatically covered throughout the summer regardless of graduating, traveling, or taking summer classes. See above for specific coverage dates.