Student Health Insurance Information
Health Insurance Plan Benefits, Costs, and Important Dates
Benefit Highlights (See 2012-13 Student Health Insurance Brochure for full information; 2013-14 Brochure coming soon)
- $100,000 medical maximum per academic year (increase to $500,000 for 2013-14 academic year)
- No deductible if using an Aetna provider
- Aetna Provider Network
- $3,500 out of pocket max for In-Network/$7,000 out of pocket max for Out-of-Network
- Emergency, Hospital, and Surgery coverage
- Outpatient Physician benefits paid at 100% if In-Network with $20 copay
- Outpatient Counseling visits paid at 100% if In-Network with $15 copay
- 80% In-Network/60% Out-of-Network Coverage for most other services (may a have separate copay)
- Diagnostic X-ray/Lab/MRI coverage
- Physical Therapy and Chiropractic coverage
- Prescription coverage up to $100,000 (includes birth control) (increase to $500,000 for 2013-14 academic year)
- Maternity expense
- No referrals required to see a specialist
- Impacted wisdom teeth expense
Compare your current health insurance plan with the PSU Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan to see which is a better option. Please note, that under "Coinsurance," Physician and Outpatient Mental Health visits are covered at 100% in-network. Most other benefits are covered at 80%/60% coinsurance, as listed.
The student health insurance plan for the 2012-13 academic year is $560 for each eligible term (i.e. Fall, Winter, and a Spring/Summer* combination). For 2013-14, the fee is $594 for each eligible term. This amount will automatically be applied to the student's account unless they waive out by the Drop deadline. Click here for more information on the waiver process.
If students waive out, and then lose coverage, they may request the student plan any time throughout the quarter. Insurance coverage is not backdated and the premium is not prorated.
|Eligibiliity Dates for 2013-14||Drop Deadlines* for 2013-14|
|Eligibiliity Dates for 2012-13||Drop Deadlines* for 2012-13|
*The Drop Deadline is the last day students can waive out of the Health Insurance Plan for each term.
**Insurance coverage ends at 12:01 AM.
***Students who have the insurance during Spring term are automatically covered throughout the summer regardless of graduating, traveling, or taking summer classes. See above for specific coverage dates.