Options for Graduating Seniors
- Regarding the PSU Student Health Insurance Plan
- Using PSU's Center for Student Health & Counseling
- If a student is enrolled in five or more in-load, non-Restricted Differential Tuition credit hours in Spring term (1 credit for international students) AND paid for the PSU Student Health Insurance Plan, they are covered through September 19, 2016.
- Students may also be able to submit a statement of services received at SHAC (SHAC summer use options) for possible reimbursement at the allowable reimbursement rate. Students can request a statement of services through email. Once a student has submitted their statement, they should expect to wait 4-6 weeks for claims processing.
- If a student was enrolled in five or more in-load, non-Restricted Differential Tuition credit hours in Spring term AND are graduating from PSU, they are still eligible to use SHAC's medical, counseling, dental, and testing services on a fee-for-service basis through Summer term.
- All fees are billed to the student's account.
- If you have lost eligibility to be on the PSU Student Insurance Plan because of graduating or not taking enough credits, you would qualify to purchase an individual plan on the insurance exchange within 30 days of losing the PSU coverage. If you need to provide them proof that your student plan terminated, please call our insurance broker, Wells Fargo Student Insurance Services at 800) 853-5899.