Dental Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Your Basic Responsibilities
- To seek dental attention promptly
- To be honest about your medical history
- To ask questions about anything you do not understand, including confirming the fees for your appointment.
- To follow dental advice and instructions.
- To report any significant changes to symptoms or failure to improve.
- To respect clinic policies.
- To keep appointments. If you are more then 15 minutes late to your appointment or if you fail to show for your appointment it is considered a missed appointment and your student account will be billed a $30 per hour missed appointment fee. Extenuating circumstances will always be considered.
- To cancel appointments in advance. If you fail to give at least 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your student account will be charge a $30 per hour fee. For example if you appointment begins at 9am you must call us before 9am the day prior to your appointment to avoid the fee. Extenuating circumstance will always be considered.
- To seek non-emergency care during business hours.
- To provide useful feedback about services and policies.
- To keep us updated with your current phone number, address, and email address.
Your Basic Rights
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- To know the names and professional status of the people serving you.
- To confidentiality. (Please be aware that our office does share and obtain relevant patient information amongst departments within SHAC if such disclosure is felt to be important to your medical and dental health.)
- To receive accurate information about your health related concerns.
- To know the effectiveness, possible side effects and problems of all forms of treatment.
- To participate in choosing a form of treatment.
- To select and or change your dental provider.
- To review your dental records with a dental provider.
- To know information about services and fees.
Download a copy of the PSU Dental Services Consent for Treatment form which lists the Patient Rights and Responsibilities.