Group counseling is an especially useful approach for addressing many issues commonly experienced by college students. It is often the treatment of choice for people who identify difficulties in interpersonal relationships, social anxiety, stress, and low self esteem.
If you would like more information about participating, please schedule an intake appointment at 503.725.2800 or talk with your individual counselor. A pre-group interview with group leaders is required for all groups.
Fall Groups 2013
Interpersonal Process Groups
- Monday, 4:00 - 5:30 PM -- Carla & Tim
- Wednesday, 3:00 – 4:30 PM (Men's Group) -- Tim
- Friday, 10:00 - 11:30 AM -- Noelle
- Friday, 11:00 – 12:30 PM (Women's Group) -- Janice
- Friday, 3:00 - 4:30 PM -- Lisa
- Tuesday, 2:00 - 3:30 PM: Intuitive Eating -- Marcy & Jordann What would happen if you had the tools to trust your decisions with food and body? The curriculum is loosely based on the book “Intuitive Eating,” by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. Participants are given reading assignments each week and discussions are facilitated by two group leaders.
- Tuesday, 3:30 – 5:00 PM: Calming Your Anxiety -- Sam The Calming Your Anxiety group is a psycho-educational group that offers an integration of cognitive-behavioral and mindfulness-based approaches for anxiety treatment. The focus of the group is primarily on the development of strategies for coping with anxiety. Students experiencing anxiety or stress that interferes with their daily activities are a good fit for this group.
- Wednesday, 2:00 - 3:30 PM: Intuitive Eating -- Annika & Jordann (see description above)
- Wednesday, 3:30- 5:00 PM: Grief Support Group -- Dawn Grief is something we will all experience, whether from a death, end of a significant relationship or any number of other losses. In this session you will receive information on what to expect as you grieve and learn about healthy ways to cope.
- Friday, 1:00- 2:30 PM: Reducing Social Anxiety -- Karen & Sam You are not alone. This group offers an opportunity to increase your comfort and skill in connecting with others through both knowledge and practice. There is an emphasis on mindfulness, reducing anxiety and shame, and participating at your own pace.
For more information or to schedule a group screening appointment, call 503.725.2800.