SHAC Anniversary Events
Special SHAC Services
April 21-25, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. each day on the SHAC Breezeway (in front of SHAC)
- Monday: Health Services and Hand Washing--see the real cleanliness of your hands.
- Tuesday: Counseling Services and the Mind Spa
- Wednesday: Dental Services
- Thursday: Acupuncture
- Friday: Nutrition Services
Speaking Engagement: Mental Health Resiliency
Tuesday, April 22 from 1-2 p.m., Parson's Gallery
College students face tremendous pressures in today's college and university environments. Resilience, the ability to adapt well to stress and adversity, is an important quality students can learn and develop. Come learn from Dr. Marcy Hunt and Dr. Will Meek, two University Counseling Center Directors, how to grow your own capacity for resilience and how to promote it in others. Refreshments and goodies provided.
SHAC Anniversary Open House
Thursday, April 24 from 3-5 p.m., Center for Student Health & Counseling
Coinciding with the anniversary, SHAC has finished up a remodel that will expand services to PSU students by:
• Creating additional Medical and Counseling clinical space
• Opening a brand-new Testing Center
• Adding operatories and a beautiful new reception area for Dental Services
• Opening a new Health Promotion Suite that will be abuzz with Student Peer Educators come Fall 2014
• Unveiling the "Mind Spa"--a place where students can go and relax.
Please come to SHAC to see the new and updated spaces, and help us commemorate our ten years as a multidisciplinary, holistic health center for PSU students.
PSU Blood Drive
April 21-24, 11 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. each day, SMSU Ballroom
The need for blood in our community is constant. Nationwide, someone requires a unit of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime. Local Portland hospitals require 5,000 units a week just to barely keep up with the demand. Please join Portland State and the American Red Cross in this lifesaving mission and schedule an appointment today.