Search Google Appliance

Campus Resources: Dating & Sexual Misconduct

There are many on-campus resources available to assist you. If you would like to talk through your options and get support identifying the resources that would be most helpful for you, please contact the Interpersonal Violence (IPV) Advocate at the WRC. The IPV Advocate serves students of all genders.

Campus Safety: 503-725-4404

The Campus Public Safety Office (CPSO) is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. CPSO has officers who have completed sexual misconduct training, and are available to support students who wish to report a sexual misconduct.

PSU Center for Student Health and Counseling (SHAC): 503-725-2800

SHAC provides medical support and resources to PSU students for health concerns that have stemmed from sexual misconduct. SHAC can provide STD screening and treatment, pregnancy testing and emergency contraception (i.e., the morning after pill), and follow-up care. For complete info, visit Medical Attention. Counselors can provide crisis counseling and trauma support.

Women's Resource Center (WRC): 503-725-5672

The Interpersonal Violence Program at the WRC is the home of PSU’s IPV Advocate. The IPV Advocate serves students of all genders. The Advocate is available to answer questions, work with student survivors, and advocate on behalf of students' self-identified needs and concerns.

Office of the Dean of Student Life: 503-725-4422

The Office of the Dean of Student Life (DOSL) is a resource for all students, faculty, and staff as they navigate Portland State. The DOSL serves as a reference point for those seeking to resolve issues of concern. DOSL is also home to additional student services, including:

Student Legal Services: 503-725-4556

Student Legal Services can offer free and confidential legal assistance to students so long as the dispute is not with another member of the university community.

Queer Resource Center: 503-725-9742

The Queer Resource Center is available to support students along the sexuality and gender spectrum with the support they need to successfully navigate PSU.

Office of Housing & Residence Life: 503-725-2450

Housing & Residence Life can assist with changes in living situations for students living on campus.