M.P.H. Degree Requirements
Completing the M.P.H. degree in health promotion requires:
- At least 59 credits of coursework approved by the academic advisor, including:
- OMPH core courses (17 credits)
- Required Community Health track courses (28 credits)
- Internship (6 credits)
- Area of interest (chosen after entering program) (9 credits)
- A minimum 3.0 (B) grade point average for all work completed in graduate standing.
- Successful completion of 200 hours of internship experience in the form of field training. This includes the development of a comprehensive field-based project and a written report. The internship topic must be connected to the student's chosen area of emphasis.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive oral exam.
In Fall 2014 the curriculum will change. This will not be effective until Fall of 2014. Health Promotion curriculum_fall 2014-1.docx Fall 2014 Curriculum