Waitlists and Class Attendance Can Be Critical: Demand for many SBA classes is high and classes fill quickly. Therefore, the SBA utilizes waitlists. Pay close attention to the waitlist instructions. In most cases, students are admitted to the class from the waitlist in the order in which they registered, and only if there is available space. If you are on the waitlist, you must attend the first class to determine if you will be allowed to formally add the class. Only the instructor can make this determination.
Please Note: If you are fully registered for a class and fail to attend the first week, your spot in the class may be given away to someone on the waitlist, unless given prior written permission from the instructor. Although you will be dropped from the class roster, you will still need to officially drop the class yourself in order to avoid payment and a possible “F” grade.
If you are not on the waitlist, but the instructor is willing to let you add the course, the instructor must first confirm with the Undergraduate Programs Office that you are eligible to be in the class.
How to add your name to the Waitlist:
- Log-in to Banweb (PSU Information System)
- Select “Student Services & Financial Aid” Tab
- Select “Registration” Option (you may need to confirm your address before continuing)
- Select “Add/Drop Classes”
- Select “Term”
- Type-in the CRN number in the add/drop box at the bottom of the page. Then select – “Submit Changes” in the bottom left corner of the page.
- If you need to Wait List, you will get a drop-down field next to the course title that says "none" for action - select the drop-down arrow so the field states "wait list web". Then select – “Submit Changes” in the bottom left corner of the page (Note: Most Wait Lists only allow 15 students to be placed on the list.)
- If/When you are on the Wait List you still need to select "complete my registration" in the middle, bottom of the page - you usually have to scroll down to do this.
- To confirm you are on the wait list, view your “Student Detail Schedule”.
How to be added to a class after you are on the Waitlist:
- Again, you must have your name on the Waitlist.
- Attend the first day of class – be on time, if not a few minutes early.
- Bring a Special Registration Form. These are available online or in 240 SBA.
- Obtain approval from the professor – see professor.
To view the Open/Closed list for determining the current status of a waitlist, please go to the following page and select the appropriate term >
Please note, if someone drops the course after a waitlist has been started, students will NOT be automatically be transferred from the waitlist to the class. Therefore, it may appear that there is space in the class, but you will not be able to register for those spots. In addition, if you drop the waitlist, you will not be able to re-add your spot to the waitlist for 24hrs, during which time the waitlist may fill up.
PSU waitlist information:
Read what the University has to say about waitlists >