Undergraduate Major: Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management option provides a conceptual framework as well as the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities that allow student to understand what is required to more effectively manage human resources within an organization.
Human Resource Option Requirements
[2011-12 bulletin year*]
A minimum of 20 credits as follows:
- MGMT 351 - Human Resource Management (4)
- MGMT 461 - Reward Systems and Performance Management (4)
- MGMT 471 - Staffing and Employee Selection (4)
- MGMT 493 - Human Resource Policies (4)
- Plus 4 credits from a MGMT 400 level elective class. Choose from the following:
- MGMT 410 – Selected Topics: Human Resources Information & Technology (4)
- MGMT 445 – Organizational Design and Change (4)
- MGMT 448 – Team Processes (4)
- MGMT 464 – Contemporary Leadership Issues (4)
- MGMT 441 – Collective Bargaining/Labor Relations (4)
- MGMT 446 – Principles of International Management (4)
- MGMT 447 – The Power of Soul and Spirit in Business
- MGMT 491 – Training and Development (4)
- MGMT 409 – Practicum (credit to be arranged: 1-4)
- MGMT 404 – Internship (credit to be arranged: 1-4)
- MGMT 4** - Other courses may also apply
The printable (PDF) version of this information includes prerequisites, a suggested sequence, and identifies the terms these courses are usually offered.
*Links to requirements for other bulletin years are found on the Course Information page.