Prerequisites for Admission
Announcement: New Statistics Requirements Starting Winter 2012. Admission to Statistics 243 and 244 will require prerequisite courses or placement testing starting Winter 2012. Click here to find out more.
Admissions Requirements for the School of Business Administration
- Be formally admitted to Portland State University. Please note the admissions requirements and application processes for the University are different from the SBA. Please visit the Office of Admissions for details on applying to PSU.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 for the following three categories: all transfer credits, all PSU graded credits, and all PSU graded business credits.
- Have completed each of the following pre-business courses below with grade of "C -" or better; P/NP grades are not accepted:
- BA 101 - Introduction to Business & World Affairs (4)
- BA 205 - Business Communications Using Technology (4)
- BA 211 - Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (4)
- BA 213 - Decision Making with Accounting Information (4)
- CS 106 - Computing Fundamentals II (4)
- EC 201, 202 - Principles of Economics (8)
- STAT 243 & 244 - Statistics I & II (8) - Students are encouraged to complete the section for business majors, indicated next to the section number with "BU".
- COMM 220 - Public Speaking
- WR 121 - English Composition or Freshmen Inquiry (UNST 101, 102, and 103).
GPA exceptions - If students do not meet the minimum GPA requirements for admission to the School of Business Administration, they may be admitted if they meet all three of the following requirements:
- Student's GPA at Portland State University is at least 2.50
- Student's GPA in PSU School of Business Administration coursework is at least 2.75
- The student's GPA for the previous 12 credits of graded coursework at PSU is at least 3.00. Students pursuing the Post Baccalaureate Accounting Certificate must have at least a GPA of 3.00 for the most recent 8 credits of graded coursework at PSU.