Peer Advising Program
The peer advising program in the School of Business Administration (SBA) was launched in response to increased advising need as well as the new freshman advising requirement. Peer advisers now handle all express advising and collectively cover 18 hours of advising per week. All peer advisers go through a comprehensive training program that familiarizes them with PSU processes and policies. Peer advisors offer not only knowledge of the SBA system and guidelines, but also firsthand experience in the classes. All peer advisers are highly qualified to offer academic planning and other curriculum based guidance to all students who plan to graduate with a business degree from PSU.
Become a Peer Advisor
- Are you looking for a way to connect to the School of Business?
- Do you want to share your story with future PSU Business students?
- Do you want to build your leadership and communication skills?
- Do you enjoy helping other students?
- Do you need to strengthen your resume?
The School of Business is now hiring paid positions for the Peer Advising Program. Advisors will help students with their academic plans and provide a better understanding of what it’s like to be a business student.
As a Peer Advisor, you will:
- Build leadership and problem solving experience.
- Improve communication and office skills.
- Provide valuable services and assist others in achieving goals.
- Meet other students, faculty and staff in the business school.
- Attend recruitment events throughout the year and help advise future students.
- Possibly develop workshops to help improve the SBA experience for other SBA students.
- Be eligible to receive 1 credit per term (up to 4 credits).
- Receive a wage of $10 per hour.
Please email Haley Holmes (email@example.com).
Applications: SBA Peer Adviser Application (pdf)