Peer Advising Program
The peer advising program in the School of Business was launched in response to increased advising need as well as the new freshman advising requirement. Peer advisers now handle all express advising and collectively cover 18 hours of advising per week. All peer advisers go through a comprehensive training program that familiarizes them with PSU processes and policies. Peer advisers offer not only knowledge of the SBA system and guidelines, but also firsthand experience in the classes. All peer advisers are highly qualified to offer academic planning and other curriculum based guidance to all students who plan to graduate with a business degree from PSU.
Become a Peer Adviser
- Are you looking for a way to connect to the School of Business?
- Do you want to build your leadership and communication skills?
- Do you enjoy helping other students?
- Do you need to strengthen your resume?
The School of Business is now hiring paid positions for the Peer Advising Program. advisers will help students with their academic plans and provide a better understanding of what it’s like to be a business student.
As a Peer Adviser, you will:
- Gain leadership and problem solving experience.
- Improve communication and office skills.
- Provide valuable services and assist others in achieving goals.
- Meet other students, faculty and staff in the business school.
- Be eligible to receive 1 credit per term.
- Receive a wage of $10 per hour.
Come to SBA 240 to get more information.
Hiring takes place once a year during winter term.
Application deadline is 5pm Friday of week two in winter term.
Applications available in SBA 240 and online: SBA Peer Adviser Application (pdf)