Grow With Us Building Campaign
Building the future of business education in Portland
The Campaign in the Press:
- Portland State's Business School Joins the MBA Building Boom (Jan 22, 2014)
Portland State University Website
- PSU awards architecture contract to SRG Partnership Inc. for business school expansion project (Jan 13, 2014)
Portland Business Journal
- That anonymous $8 million gift to Portland State? It was from Rick and Erika Miller (Oct 23, 2013)
- Portland State to more than double size of business school (May 8, 2013)
- $8 million gift to Portland State University brings new business school construction in sight (May 10, 2013)
- We’re excited to announce that we recently received a $1 million anonymous gift toward the building project from an alumnus of the SBA to be used for an alumni match challenge.
- We have selected the architects for the building project: local firm SRG, working with German firm Behnisch Architekten. Our contractor will be Skanska.
"The new building serves to inspire these students as they inspire us"
Scott Dawson, Dean
“We look forward to others joining us by investing in the new building at the School of Business. An investment in this project is an investment in tomorrow’s business leaders.”
Mary and Tim Boyle
President & CEO
Columbia Sportswear Company
The School of Business Building at PSU is expanding, and we are inviting you to Grow With Us. As Oregon’s largest and only urban university, Portland State University’s School of Business Administration boasts a diverse student body, and the MBA Program is ranked 14th in the world and 1st among smaller programs by Beyond Grey Pinstripes for its emphasis on social and environmental stewardship.
A new Business School building will enable us to continue to reflect and enhance the innovation and passion of our students, faculty, and business community. A generous $8 million donation - the largest ever to the business school - was recently revealed as a gift from MBA alumnus Rick Miller and his wife Erika. Combined with growing support from our corporate, individual and foundation sponsors, we have raised $16.4 million. At 82% of our $20 million fundraising goal, the project is close to becoming a reality.
Great Location: We will maintain our unbeatable location at the heart of Portland State's campus and downtown Portland.
More Space: The renovation and expansion of our space will increase our square footage by more than 180%.
Improved Space: The new building will transform the School of Business, and allow us to offer:
- Centralized business school activities and classes.
- 25 project and team rooms that meet the advanced technological needs of our students (there are 0 project rooms in the current building).
- High quality offices for our award-winning faculty and staff.
- Full auditorium and event space (the current facility does not have an auditorium).
- Five industry-specific centers to support the diverse interests of our future business leaders.
- A multitude of welcoming and functional common spaces.
- A state-of-the-art facility that will continue to attract and serve top talent from around the world.
The $60 million project will be supported by $20 million in private funds and $40 million in state-backed bonds. The bond request was approved by the Oregon State Legislature on July 8, 2013.
You can Grow With Us by making a commitment today, or pledging a naming opportunity in the new building. Please contact Kristin Mihalko, Campaign Manager, at 503.725.3766 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss naming opportunity details and levels of support.
|June 2013||Summer 2014||March 2015||January 2017|
|Secure state funding >>||Reach fundraising goal >>||Groundbreaking >>||New building opens
We would like to thank all of our generous supporters to date, including the following companies and foundations
|Individuals (alumni listed in green)||Companies & Foundations|
|$1 million and more
$100,000 and more
$50,000 - $99,999
$25,000 - $49,999
$5,000 - $24,999
$1,000 - $4,999
Up to $1,000