Advertising Management Minor for Graphic Design Majors
The Advertising Management Minor for Graphic Design Majors provides critical marketing and advertising business skills to students who plan careers in the graphic design field. The six courses in the minor provide exposure to and understanding of advertising and marketing principles, including marketing's role in business, consumer behavior, identifying target markets, creative and media strategy development, and promotional campaign planning.
Interested students should contact the Undergraduate Programs office located in SBA 240.
- BA 311 - Marketing Management (4)
- MKTG 340 - Advertising (4)
- MKTG 363 - Consumer Behavior and Customer Satisfaction (4)
- MKTG 442 - Creative Strategy
- MKTG 443 - Advertising Campaigns (4) or National Student Advertising Competition (8)
- One 400-level MKTG elective*
- * Can be waived for students who complete the National Student Advertising Competition (8)
NOTE: Graphic Design students seeking the Advertising Management Minor are exempt from admission to the School of Business. In order to register for these courses, Graphic Design students should contact the Undergraduate Programs office located in SBA 240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.