Admissions Requirements Beginning Fall 2014
- Students will be granted automatic admission by opting in to the School of Business upon admission to PSU. Click here to opt in.
- Students will need to maintain good academic standing according to the School of Business Retention Policy for all courses at PSU (2.50 PSU GPA and 2.50 SBA GPA at PSU).
- Students will need to opt in to the SBA in order to take 200 level BA classes (BA 101, FIN 218 and business minor courses remain open to all students).
- BA 205
- BA 211
- BA 213
- Students will still need to complete all “pre-business” classes as prerequisites for upper level business major courses, they are simply no longer admission requirements.
- Students will not be charged differential tuition upon automatic admission until additional programming is created. The earliest term that additional programming may be created would be fall 2015. The current differential tuition policy will remain in effect (students pay differential tuition at the 300 level).
- Computer Science (CS) 106 – Computing Fundamentals II – will no longer be a requirement for all students using the fall 2014 PSU Bulletin/catalog requirements. Students using an earlier bulletin/catalog who have not yet completed CS 106 should speak to their academic adviser in the School of Business to determine whether they will need CS 106 to fulfill their graduation requirements.
Lower Division Business Requirements
Students must complete the prerequisite courses below with a grade of "C-" or better. P/NP grades are not accepted.
- BA 101 – Introduction to Business & World Affairs (4)
- BA 205 – Business Communications Using Technology (4)
- BA 211 – Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (4)
- BA 213 – Decision Making with Accounting Information (4)
- EC 201, 202 – Principles of Economics (8) (Micro and Macro)
- STAT 243 & 244 – Statistics I & II (8) “BU” (business) sections recommended if taken at PSU.
- COMM 220 – Public Speaking (4)
- WR 121 – English Composition (4) OR Freshman Inquiry (UNST 100 level, 5, 5, 5)
Business Core Courses
All business majors are required to take all of the following 300 and 400-level core courses with a grade of "C-" or better.
The 300 and 400-level courses are restricted to students admitted to the School of Business Administration. BA 495 requires successful completion of all 300-level core courses and Senior Class Standing (earned 135 credits or more) or Post-Bac Undergraduate Standing.
See the Course Information page for excerpts from the PSU Bulletin, course descriptions, and prerequisites:
The business core courses are as follows:
- BA 301 - Research and Analysis of Business Problems
- BA 302 - Organizational Behavior
- BA 303 - Business Finance
- BA 311 - Marketing Management
- BA 325 - Competing with Information Technology
- BA 339 - Operations and Quality Management
- BA 385 - Business Environment
- BA 495 - Business Strategy