University Vehicle Claims
Report any loss or incident immediately!
Filing a Claim
If the loss is due to a hit-and-run, theft, break in, or vandalism, these incidents are criminal and should be reported to law enforcement immediately upon discovery. If it occurred on the University Campus, contact the Campus Public Safety Office at (503) 725-4404. If it occurred elsewhere, contact the police department. The Insurance Claim Report Form will need to be completed by the department and returned to PSU Risk Management. It is not the responsibility of the Campus Public Safety Office to file the Insurance Claim Report Form.
PSU's deductible on state owned vehicles is $2500*. Departments are responsible for deductibles. The department will directly pay the repair shop and will be reimbursed for any amount in excess of the deductible.
NOTE: If the damages are greater $1500 and/or involves an injury, you are required by law to report the accident to the State Vehicle Division within 72 hours on a Motor Vehicles Division´s (DMV) Traffic Accident and Insurance Report form.
The below information will also be needed for reimbursement; however do NOT wait until you have this information to file a claim!
- A copy of any police report
- A copy of any summons or complaint
- A copy of Motor Vehicles Division´s (DMV) Traffic Accident and Insurance Report form
- Pictures of any damage to the vehicle (all four sides & the damages)
- Copies of email messages or letters regarding the incident
- Two estimates for the repair or documentation of replacement value
- Witnesses names or other material you may have related to the claim
Other - Third Party (Liability) Vehicles
Filing a Claim by a Third Party (Claimant)
To report claims involving loss and/or damages by University owned vehicles, click here for the Claimant Auto Accident Report Form. Please submit the completed form to the Office of Risk Management.