Filing a Claim
To report claims involving property loss and/or damages to University owned property, contact the Risk Management Office for the Insurance Claim Report Form. All property losses, including state vehicle losses must be submitted on this form.
If the loss is due to a theft, break in, or vandalism, these incidents are criminal and should be reported to law enforcement immediately upon discovery. If it occurred on the University Campus, contact the Campus Public Safety Office at (503) 725-4404. If it occurred elsewhere, contact the police department. The Insurance Claim Report Form will need to be completed by the department and returned to Office of Risk Management. It is not the responsibility of the Campus Public Safety Office to file the Insurance Claim Report Form.
The below information will be needed; however do NOT wait until you have this information to file a claim!
- A copy of any police report
- A copy of any summons and complaint
- Pictures of any damage to property (all sides of property, including damages)
- A detailed list of damaged or lost property
- Copies of email messages or letters regarding the incident
- Documentation of replacement values for lost/damaged equipment in the form of invoices, receipts, etc.
- Documentation of two estimates showing replacement values for lost/damaged equipment (example: screen-prints from websites, or copies of pages from catalogs)
- Witnesses names or other material you may have related to the claim