What kind of transcript do I need?
How do I order a transcript?
How much do transcripts cost?
How do I expedite my order?
Official transcripts: online or paper request?
What if I can’t print the request form?
How does online transcript ordering work?
What if I need my final grades or degree on my transcript?
What if I don't remember my dates of attendance?
What if I have a hold on my account?
What if I need my transcript notarized?
What if I have a form that needs to be included with my transcript?
How do I authorize someone else to pick up my transcript?
How long will it take to receive my transcript?
Official transcripts contain an official record of all courses taken and degrees earned at PSU. They are printed on official transcript paper with the University insignia and are individually sealed with the signature of the Director of Admissions and Records. Official transcripts will provide an indication of transfer credits received by PSU, but will not list those courses or the grades earned. To be considered official, most colleges and universities require transcripts to be presented in their original unopened envelope. Official transcripts are typically required for admission, or to obtain transfer credit at another school.
Unofficial transcripts are indented primarily for academic advising and for a student’s personal use. These transcripts will contain all PSU information, as well as listing each transfer course with the grade earned. As a courtesy, these transcripts are sortable by graduate- and undergraduate-level courses.
Requests for official transcripts may be made online using the PSU Information System, or by submitting a paper Transcript Request Form via fax, mail, email or a visit to the Registration windows in the lobby of Neuberger hall. The $4 fee for an official transcript is the same, regardless of the ordering method.
Unofficial transcripts are free and available online through the PSU Information System. Note: courses taken before 1981 are not included in the unofficial transcript online. To order an unofficial transcript for courses taken prior to 1981, use the Transcript Request Form and write “unofficial” in the payment area. Rush, fax, or FedEx fees still apply.
The fee for official transcripts is $4 per copy. Optional fees include the Rush and Fax fees ($10 per order), and the FedEx fee ($15 per address, plus the $10 Rush fee).
For online orders, the fees may be paid with a Visa or MasterCard. For orders with the Transcript Request Form, fees may be paid by Visa or MasterCard, or a check, money order, or cashier’s check made payable to “PSU” or “Portland State University.” Cash is only accepted with walk-in orders and may be paid to the cashier’s window in Neuberger Hall.
DO NOT request your transcripts online through your student account. Using the Transcript Request Form, locate the “Special Handling Fees” section under the signature line. Check the option that best fits your needs.
- Rush Fee ($10 per order) – Transcript is processed within 1 business day.
- Fax Fee ($10 per order) – Transcript is faxed within 1 business day. Note: not all institutions will accept faxed transcripts as official; check with the receiving institution before placing a fax order.
- FedEx ($15 per address + $10 per order) – Transcript is sent via FedEx within 1 business day. A phone number is required for each address. Domestic addresses only. Note: FedEx will not ship to PO Boxes.
Online requests for official transcripts are available for those who:
- Do not need to place a "rush" on the order
- Do not need to have the request held until current term grades are available or a degree has been awarded
- Are not required by an organization or school to submit additional third-party paperwork (such as LSAC or AMCAS) with the official transcript
- Are prepared to purchase an official transcript using Visa or MasterCard
- First attended PSU after Spring 1991
- Do not have a financial hold on their student account
Paper requests should be made when the online option is not appropriate or available. Access the Transcript Request Form. Print the form, fill it out completely, and remember to sign it. Unsigned requests cannot be processed. Submit the form in person, by fax, or mail (see contact information at the bottom of this page).
In lieu of the form, submit a letter by mail or fax that includes:
- Full name
- Current mailing address & telephone number
- PSU student ID or SSN
- Any previous names of record
- Dates of attendance (approximate is okay)
- Date of birth
- Any PSU degree earned and the degree date
- Complete address(es) to which the official transcript(s) should be mailed
- Number of transcripts to send to each address
- Visa or Mastercard number and expiration date for the $4 charge per transcript
1. Log into the PSU Information System.
- Current Students: Click "Log in with your ODIN account," to log in with your ODIN ID and password, or click “Log in with your PSU ID Number,” to use your PSU ID# and password.
Note: If you have login issues please go to oam.pdx.edu. On this page you can enter your PSU ID (or ODIN username) and click "Forgot Your Password?" to reset your password. If you have additional issues, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 503-725-3511.
- Alumni: Click "Login with your PSU ID number," enter your PSU ID Number (also accepts SSN), enter your password and click "Login"
Note: If you have issues with your login, please enter your ID number or username and click "Forgot Password?" Follow instructions on the screen to reset your password. If you do not know your username or PSU ID number, or are having other issues, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 503-725-3511.
2. Once you have successfully logged in, select "Student Services"
3. Select "Student Records"
- For an official transcript, select "Order Official Transcript" and follow the prompts
- For an unofficial transcript, select "View Unofficial Academic Transcript," and click "Submit"
Option 1: Wait until your grades and/or degree show on your unofficial transcript, and order your transcript either online or with the Transcript Request Form. With this option, YOU are responsible for ensuring that your grades and/or degree have been posted to your account before placing your order.
Option 2: Using the Transcript Request Form, locate the “Hold For” section underneath the signature line, and check the applicable boxes for grade posting, degree posting, or a grade change. After you submit the form, we will hold your request until the grades or degree are posted. Normal (or rush) processing times and fees still apply.
Note: While many undergraduate degrees post the same day that grades are awarded, some may be delayed by 2-3 weeks. Most graduate degree postings can take between 6-8 weeks, especially for students graduating during Spring term.
Dates of attendance are necessary to ensure that you receive a complete transcript. It's okay to use approximate years when making your transcript request.
Transcripts cannot be released if a financial hold is placed on a student's record. Contact the University Financial Services office at 503-725-3440 to make arrangements to clear the hold.
Simply write “Please Notarize” across the top of the Transcript Request Form and submit as usual. Notarized transcripts may take an extra day for processing. Do not order online.
If you have a matching form for a centralized application service (such as AMCAS, NursingCAS or LSAC), licensing agency, or academic institution that must be included with your official transcript, send in a copy of that form with your completed Transcript Request Form. We cannot guarantee that the matching form will be included with a transcript if that form is submitted separately from the transcript request.
If you want to authorize another person to pick up your transcript on your behalf, that person’s name must be included on the original request or submitted on a separate signed release. To include it in a request online, type the name in the “Issue to” line. On the Transcript Request Form, check “Hold for Pick Up” and write the person’s name on the “Name” line.
If you ordered a transcript for pickup but did not include the person’s name in your order, write or type a statement authorizing that person to pick up transcripts, making sure to include the date, your PSU ID Number and your signature. Then, either return the statement to our office (see contact information at the bottom of this page) or have your person bring it when they come to collect your transcripts. Make sure that person brings a copy of their own Photo ID.
- Normal processing time for official transcripts is 3-5 business days, plus standard delivery via USPS First Class mail. At the end of each term and during the summer, processing time can increase to 5-10 business days.
- Rush orders will be processed within 1 business day, plus standard delivery via USPS First Class mail.
- Next business day delivery via FedEx Standard Overnight costs $15 per mailing address plus a $10 rush fee. FedEx orders received by 12pm/noon will be processed the same day. Orders received after 12pm/noon will be processed the next day business day.
- Requests received before 12pm/noon will be faxed out the same day. Requests received after 12pm/noon will be faxed the next business day. A $10 fax fee applies. Note: not all institutions count faxed transcripts as official.
Pickup – Bring Photo ID to the Registration Windows in the Neuberger Hall lobby
- Orders placed online will be available the next business day at 3pm.
- With the Transcript Request form, orders received before 12pm/noon will be available at 3pm the same day. Orders received after 12pm/noon will be available at 3pm the next business day.
Portland State University
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 1389
Portland, OR 97207-1389