Campus Rec Mission
To create an environment where quality recreation and wellness programs inspire, educate and empower individuals to be positive contributors to the Portland State and global community.
- We enhance engagement within the University and City by building healthy and supportive communities.
- We promote the link between recreation and sustainability.
- We seek and support diversity in our programs and participants while promoting a climate of mutual respect.
- We provide programs that are accessible to our community.
- We minimize the risk associated with operating successful programs
- We provide significant learning opportunities through participation and employment.
Campus Rec wants to be the leader in Urban university recreation - as a department, we gauge our efforts not just on what we see before us, but make sure to strive to reach the highest standards of the recreation field. To that end, we hope to mirror the Portland State's commitment to leading on national issues around sustainability while becoming known as a University that creates a nationally recognized adaptive sports environment.