Masters Swim Program
WHAT IS U.S. MASTERS SWIMMING?
U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS) was founded in 1970. A non-profit corporation, USMS supports more than 1000 adult swim programs in 52 regions throughout the United States. We have more than 50,000 individual members, ranging in age from 18 to over 100. On the local level, most USMS swim programs offer structured practices and training assistance from trained swim coaches. Pool and open water races provide opportunities to compete and measure individual progress at the local, state, national, and international levels. USMS programs also offer stroke and technique clinics, workshops, instruction, and social functions. USMS programs draw people from all walks of life and provide their members with a community that offers active support for a healthy lifestyle through aquatic fitness, friendship, and camaraderie.
PRACTICE TIMES - Practice times will remain constant through current term
Mondays / Wednesdays
5:10 pm - 6:20 pm
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
WHO CAN JOIN?
Campus Rec Masters Swim is only able to offer its services to CURRENT MEMBERS of the facility. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
To be eligible for the masters swim program, you must be an Oregon Masters Swim member. Anyone 18 years of age and older is invited to join a local program and become a USMS member.
Programs are open to fitness, competitive, open water, and triathlon swimmers alike. Whether you have just taken your first strokes in a swim lesson, are trying to break a national record, or just want to stay fit, U.S. Masters Swimming provides a fun and friendly atmosphere for you to work toward your individual goals. You don't have to be racing the clock to experience the rewards and support found in U.S. Masters Swimming.
HOW TO JOIN / MONTHLY FEES
- Come try the program for free your first month (must be a member of the Rec Center)! Master's Swimming is open to all abilities and all ages over 18.
- Swimmers must become an “Oregon Masters Swimmer” and join the Portland State Masters Swim Program after the first month to pay for coaching and administrative fees in order to continue practicing with the group.
- Individuals participating in the Portland State Masters Program will be required to pay a monthly membership fee of $12 after their first month, in addition to the membership fee to the Rec Center.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A USMS MEMBERSHIP?
When you become a member of U.S. Masters Swimming you join a community that shares your interest in fitness and love of the water. Your membership benefits include:
- Opportunity to participate in USMS organized workouts
- Exclusive access to online coaching at usms.org
- Subscription to SWIMMER magazine and the member e-newsletter
- A usms.org identity and blog to share photos and stories and connect with swimmers around the country
- Opportunities to compete in more than 500 sanctioned USMS events at the local, regional, national, and international levels. These include pool and open-water competitions, clinics, and fitness challenge events
- The ability to track your progress via a personal online fitness log
- National tracking of your competition swims
- Recognition and awards for your performance
- Additional insurance coverage while participating in USMS sanctioned events
- Access to scholarships and grants
- Education and certification programs for coaches
- Volunteer opportunities
- Exclusive sponsor discounts
- ...and so much more! Join TODAY at: www.usms.org