Do you have the SPIRIT to work with us?
- Skills related to your position, or the ability to learn
- Passion for health, fitness, and fun
- Initiative to create solutions and tackle projects
- Interaction with people that is first-rate
- To create an environment where quality recreation and wellness programs inspire, educate and empower individuals to be positive contributors to the Portland State and global community.
- We enhance engagement within the University and City by building healthy and supportive communities.
- We promote the link between recreation and sustainability.
- We seek and support diversity in our programs and participants while promoting a climate of mutual respect.
- We provide programs that are accessible to our community.
- We minimize the risk associated with operating successful programs.
- We provide significant learning opportunities through participation and employment.
Benefits of working for Campus Rec
- Leadership experience
- Networking opportunities
- Increased understanding of campus
- Ability to apply concepts learned in the classroom
- Paid trainings
- Professional development opportunities such as conference attendance
Student Development Award
Campus Rec is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of Student Development Awards to its student employees, Campus Rec Advisory Board student members, and Rec Clubs Council members.
These awards are in the form of funds to be used toward attending conferences, workshops, seminars, and certifications that are relevant to the student’s work in Campus Rec or their intended future career in campus recreation or related fields.
The student awards are meant to defray some of the costs associated with the development opportunities, and may include: registration fee at the member rate, transportation costs, lodging and/or per diem.
- Student Development Award Application Information (PDF)
- Application for workshop funding (EXCEL)
- Application for conference funding (EXCEL)
View our current list of current job openings & information on how to apply!