Community Service Projects
WHAT WE DO FOR THE COMMUNITY
Cascade Classic - Each year Campus Rec helps provide and train volunteers for the Cascade Classic Goalball Tournaments for youth and adults. This project happens frequently so check the upcoming opportunities page for more information!
MLK Day of Service - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service on Monday, January 20, 2014. Campus Rec is looking for student volunteers to serve on this day. This day of service represents Portland State University's mission to let knowledge serve the city. Through this effort we are also supporting Dr. King's goal of "education as a civil right". Please register here
- Worked with the No-Ivy-League of Portland to remove invasive and damaging English Ivy from Forrest Park. The League also does work in 15 other locations.
- Coached the kids on the Avengers Water Polo Club and taught and running a skills clinic.
- Helped to clean and organize residents' rooms.
- Cleaned up Mt. Tabor park.
- Trail restoration on Marquam Park.
- Repacked bulk foods into family sized servings at the Volunteering Action Center.
- Removed invasive plants and planted trees in Baltimore Woods.
- Joined Friends of Trees in numerous tree plantings.
- Each year, several outdoor trips, are focused on cleaning the environment we love! Usually these trips involve hiking, climbing, or kayaking. Check out the Oudoor Program page for current service trips offered!
How do I get my service project posted on your site?
Any community Service project or volunteer opportunity that gets approved by Campus Rec will be uploaded onto our community service page. Please contact Jen Armbruster at least 30 days prior to desire date of posting your opportunity with the following information:
- Organization Name
- Dates and times of project
- Numbers of volunteers needed
- Contact info to be put on website for people to contact you directly
- Name/Email/Phone #