1. Slower swimmers must yield to faster swimmers.
2. Be aware of your space in the lane and orientation of others. If you are approaching the wall and another lap swimmer is gaining on you and swimming at a faster rate than you are, pause at the wall to allow the faster swimmer(s) to pass you.
3. Be courteous of drafting. Provide adequate distance between you and the swimmer ahead of you.
1. Pass on the left hand side. If you are the slower swimmer and being overtaken at the turn, stop, and wait until the other swimmer has pushed off the wall.
2. A pass must be initiated in time to over-take the slower swimmer before the wall.
3. When using kickboards, please be aware of other swimmers in your lane and their needs to pass.
If you are having trouble locating the proper lane for your speed, please ask any lifeguard on deck.