Our pool now has easier entry with four super wide steps as well as a lift rated to 400 pounds. The Spa has rails and we are working towards a solution to provide easy access for chair users.
Members may bring their children (17 & under) in the facility during youth hours. We have a variety of spaces and activities that are open to children. In addition, we have a unique stroller policy to support the success of students and members with small children. For more information, see our Youth Program Page.
We offer a few different time slots for adaptive court sports. These include but are not limited to wheelchair basketball, goalball, sit – volleyball or soccer. These designated times mean anyone who is wanting to participate in an adaptive court sport has priority on the court for that time. Please look at the schedule for open adaptive rec times or for specific adaptive sports such as goalball, wheelchair basketball or sit – volleyball. Court 3 or the enclosed court has markings for goalball and sit – volleyball.
We are offering an adaptive trip every term. Some of those include alpine skiing, paddling and cycling. We will provide the gear to adapt for a variety of disabilities. Check out the Outdoor Rec programs page for the adaptive trip of the term.
- In addition on the 4th floor we have the elevated mats along with wedges and bolsters to aide in workouts and again make transfers a little easier.
- You can also check out a variety of pieces of adaptive equipment from equipment check out including therabands with velcro straps again if you had a grip strength that would prevent you from using the therabands with handles. We have velcro straps you can check out to secure hands or feet to a variety of our cardio pieces.
- You can also check out goalballs and soccer balls with bells in them to play a variety of sports in the gym.
- We have also added medicine balls with handles and some other gear to our Group-X classes so that instructors can make modifications quickly during their classes.
- We have two Universal changing rooms that include showers and benches for a high level of access. One is in the pool area and one is outside of the pool area.
- Also, each locker room has an accessible area that includes a broader bench, lower lockers, private changing areas, and accessible showers. Lockers can be rented from member services.
- There are restrooms on each floor that also have accessible stalls.
- In addition, we have added dog hook ups in a variety of areas in the campus rec center so that your service animal can be safe and out of the way so that you can enjoy your workout without worrying about the pup accidentally getting hurt. If there are other areas you want to see hook up stations just let us know.
If you would like a tour of the facility and all of the featured areas and equipment please contact Jen Armbruster at 503-725-2927 to set up a time to discuss what the rec center has to offer you.