Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to contact the PSU Purchasing & Contracting Office?
- Phone: 503-725-3441
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit: University Center Building at 1881 SW 5th Ave. Suite 465
What form should I use for submitting a new contract request?
- Complete a BAO Contract Cover Sheet. http://www.pdx.edu/bao/sites/www.pdx.edu.bao/files/BAO_Contract_Cover_Sh...
- This should be filled out for all new contract requests (excluding PSC’s). If you need assistance completing the form please contact our office.
- Please note your department is responsible for obtaining the necessary approval signatures on the form prior to submission to our office.
- You must obtain your Dept Head/Budget Approver signature, and if grant funds are utilized you must obtain approval from Research Accounting.
- Forms submitted without necessary approvals will delay the processing of your request and returned to the department to obtain the necessary approvals.
Who can sign my contract?
- In accordance with OAR 580-61-0020, authorized PSU Contract Officers with delegated contract signature authority are able to execute specific contracts and other legal documents on behalf of PSU. A current list of authorized PSU Contracts Officers and their signature authority is maintained at: http://www.pdx.edu/bao/sites/www.pdx.edu.bao/files/media_assets/PSU_Sign...
- The only exception to this policy is for PSU Interdepartmental Agreements, which employees without designated contract signature authority may sign.
Purchasing within your delegated authority.
- PSU Departments have delegated authority for procurements of goods and service up to $25,000 (limited to $25,000 per department per fiscal year by vendor).
- If a vendor presents terms, conditions, or other agreements your department must submit these to Purchasing & Contracting for review prior to proceeding with the purchase, even if the purchase is below $25,000.
Purchasing of $25,000 to $100,000.
- All purchases beyond your delegated authority limit of $25,000 and up to $100,000 require an informal procurement process. We’ll take your specifications and evaluation criteria and draft the Request for Quotes to be posted on the OUS website for a minimum of three (3) business days. Once quotes are received we’ll work with you to create a contract or contracts for successful vendors. Please allow at least 2 to 4 weeks time to process your request.
Purchasing of $100,000 and over.
- Contact the Office of Purchasing & Contracting to assist you with drafting an Invitation to Bid (ITB) or a Request for Proposal (RFP), as required by Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). The ITB and RFP are considered a formal procurement process. Depending on the complexity of the procurement, a formal solicitation process can take from several weeks to several months to complete.
What does the term “fragmenting” mean and why should I be concerned about it?
- Splitting purchases from a vendor is called “fragmenting” and is against PSU and OUS Policy and other Regulatory Authorities’ policies. Multiple contracts, procurements or requisitions cannot be issued separately in order to circumvent the procurement thresholds listed above.
The department end-user wants to make a purchase right away and claims the good and/or service is from a sole source provider and therefore no solicitation is required, is this correct?
- All sole source requests for procurements of $25,000 or more must be submitted to our office with a written justification for why the personal or professional services or goods are only available from a single seller. Our office will review and make a determination regarding the validity of the request and if valid and will post a Notice of Intent to Sole Source on the OUS website for 7 days.
- If it is determined that the product or service is not a valid sole source, our office will work with you to develop and issue the appropriate competitive solicitation.
When do I need to use a Personal Service Contract (PSC)?
- For assistance with or questions about Personal/Professional Services Contracts (PSCs), please see Useful Links or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-725-3441.
What other types of contracts or agreements does the Office of Purchasing and Contracting handle?
- The Office of Purchasing and Contracting assist with all types of contracts, including but not limited to the following:
- Memorandums of Understanding
- Intergovernmental Agreements
- Interagency Agreements
- Facility Use Agreements, Use Permits, and Rental/Lease Agreements
- Student Internships
- Student and Faculty Exchange Agreements
- Affiliation or Cooperation Agreements
- Athletic Contest Agreements
- Hotel, Travel, and Catering Agreements
- Software License Agreements
Are there any types of contracts or agreements that are not handled by the Office of Purchasing and Contracting?
- The Office of Purchasing and Contracting does not execute contracts for construction, research, hazardous waste removal, grounds maintenance, energy, utility or fuel contracts.