"And I am certain that, after the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we too, will be remembered not for our victories or defeats in battle or politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit." ~ President John F. Kennedy
Department of Psychology
Instructor, Psychology, Portland State University
* PSY 200 - Psychology as a Social Science.
* PSY 311 - Human Development
* PSY 410 - Psychology of Spiritual Development
* PSY 410 - Cognitive Development: Mind, Growth, & Evolution
* PSY 410 - Moral Development
* PSY 460 - Child Development
* PSY 462 - Adult Development & Aging
* PSY 432 - Personality
* PSY 410 - Psychology of Politics & Social Change
* Ken Wilber's integral psychology & AQAL paradigm.
* Jean Piaget's psychology of mental & emotional development.
* Development stage theories of Kohlberg, Loevinger, Kegan, Fowler, Oser, Genia.
* Psychology of spiritual development, faith, & religious development.
* Transpersonal psychology, wisdom, & liberation psychology.
* Biological evolution theories & selective forces beyond neo-Darwinism.
* Cultural evolution theories, spirial dynamics & cultural memes.
I began teaching adult education classes on "Spiritual Growth and Evolution" in 1989. In the 1990's I taught non-credit adult education classes on the psychology of spritual development at Portland Community College Sylvania, as well as various workshops on mediation and spiritual psychology. I have been teaching at Portland State University since 2004. I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, and Master of Science degree in Developmental Psychology from Portland State University. I am currently working on a book about spiritual development as part of the science of human development for publication in 2015.