The Division of Enrollment Management & Student Affairs and the Office of International Affairs will be hosting a training for frontline/front desk staff on the topic of helping international students. This training is intended for PSU staff only, not for student workers.
Sessions will include an overview of PSU international student recruitment, information on the particularities and peculiarities of hiring international students, tours of East Hall and the Office of International Affairs, reporting about PSU students who are refugees, an international student panel, cross-/inter- cultural communication tips and best practices, and more.
The learning outcomes for this training are as follows:
- Increase cross-cultural communication skills and sensitivity of front line staff
- Increase knowledge of international student services on campus among front line staff
- Teach great customer service with specific cultural component
- Increase knowledge about hiring international students employees
- Build community among front desk staff
Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (lunch will be provided)
Location: ASRC 620/630 (Donna Beegle Classrooms)
Sign up: Click here
Space is limited to the first 50 registrants.