Using the Dropbox
Many of your courses will require that you submit papers or other types of assignments to your instructor via the Dropbox tool.
- You will see links to the individual Dropbox folders in the Course Content area of your course. In most cases, these Dropbox links will be listed with title of the assignment, and organized with the other materials that are pertinent to that Course Module.
- You can also access all of your dropbox folders for your course by clicking the Dropbox link in the Course Navigation Bar.
Step 1: Once you are in the dropbox folder for the assignment you should see the instructions for that assignment.
- If you do not, you might need to click on the “Show Folder Information” link.
Step 2: Once the Folder Information is unhidden, you will be able to see:
- the title of the dropbox folder (which is usually the assignment name),
- any special instructions your instructor might have for submitting the assignment,
- and, in some cases, links to attachments that are related and/or required for the assignment.
Step 3: To download attachments provided in the "Folder Information" section, simply click on the link and open or save the document to your computer.
Step 4: Once you have read the instructions, and downloaded any relevant files, you will then work on your assignment and save it to your own computer.
When you've completed your work and are ready to submit the file to your instructor, you'll return to the dropbox folder.
Step 5: Just underneath the area where you found the instructions for your assignment, you will see the "Submit Files" area.
- To upload your file, click on the “Add a File” button.
- A new window will open, allowing you to navigate to the place where you saved your assignment file.
- Once you find your file, choose it and click “Choose”.
- If you need to submit more than one file, click the “Add” button.
Step 6: Type in any comments you may have for your instructor and click the “Submit” button.
- You should then see a confirmation message, letting you know that your file or files were submitted successfully.
- Your instructor will now be able to view and grade your assignment.
Step 7: Once your instructor grades the assignment, you should see a message in the Updates widget on your D2L homepage that alerts you to having a dropbox with unread feedback.
- Clicking on this link will take you to the complete list of the dropbox folders for your course.
- Next to each of the assignments that have been reviewed by your instructor, you will see a “View” link under the Feedback column, where you will view your feedback and grades.
Enjoying using the Dropbox Tool.