Logging Into and Navigating D2L
What is D2L?
Desire2Learn (D2L) is a web-based learning management system designed to create a rich online learning environment for students. D2L includes features such as an electronic dropbox for turning in assignments, an automated gradebook, discussion boards, and quizzes.
How do I log into D2L?
- Open your favorite web browser. (We recommend Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari; D2L does not work well in Google Chrome.)
- Go to the MyPSU portal at http://my.pdx.edu.
- Click the D2L link in the top menu. (D2L opens in a new window. If prompted to log in, enter your Odin username and password and click the login button.)
If you are unable to log in, contact the OIT Helpdesk for assistance at 503-725-4357.
How do I see my courses in D2L?
Your courses will be displayed in a list in the Courses tab of the MyPSU portal (my.pdx.edu). Click on any online course in that list to be brought to D2L. To access an individual course, click on the name of the course within your course list once you are in D2L.
Once inside my D2L course, how do I access the course materials?
Use the navigational toolbar along the top of your course homepage.
The links located on this toolbar allow you to access materials within your course. Some tools that you may see include:
- Course Home: Links to the Course Homepage. This contains notifications and alerts published by your course instructor, such as upcoming due dates, etc.
- Content: Your primary gateway to course content. This is usually the best place to start and may include your course syllabus, reading material, or homework instructions.
- Grades: Where you can see your grades on assignments and/or quizzes throughout the term.
- Elluminate: If your instructor uses the Elluminate, a java-based virtual classroom environment, this is where you can access its sessions in D2L.
Depending on how your instructor designed your course homepage, most will have a widget called "Student Course Tools." This widget provides quick access to D2L tools from the course homepage.
What can I do to get help using D2L?
Please consult the resources on this website first, as there is a lot of useful information here that may help you resolve your issue.
If you have looked through these pages and are still having trouble with D2L, you have a few options for reaching someone who can help you.