Key Concepts for Teaching Online
Below are some slide presentations on key aspects of designing a good online course. These will open in a new browser window; please use the video control bar below the viewer to pause or rewind the presentation.
- What is learning theory? (link to Prezi)
- Why design from outcomes? (link to Prezi)
- Why use a rubric? (link to Prezi)
- Why create "authentic" assignments? (link to Prezi)
- What are learning taxonomies? (link to Prezi)
- Types of instruction and sequencing (link to Prezi)
- Why use active learning and group work?
- Why use an ePortfolio?
- How can you make your course accessible?
Sarah Berry, COL 2012: this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.