Dates & Release Conditions
Release conditions (on modules, materials, quizzes, discussions, etc)
Release conditions are restrictions you attach to course items that limit their visibility to students. They allow you to create a path through the materials in your course. When you attach a release condition to an item, user cannot see that item until they meet the required condition.
Step 1: Click "Course Content" in the yellow navigation bar. You can attach release conditions to the following items:
- Content modules and topics
- Custom widgets
- Discussion forums and topics
- Dropbox folders
- Grade items and categories
Step 2: Pick an item to attach a release condition to. Click the Pencil icon on its right to edit the item.
Step 3: Click the "Restrictions" tab.
Step 4: In the "Availability" section you can attach a condition to hide an item indefinitely or for a certain period of time.
- The "Hidden" condition will make an item invisible until you unselect it.
- A "Date Availability" condition sets a specific start/end date to make an item visible. (For example, you might want to set up a specific day and time for a quiz to appear.)
Step 5: In the "Relesase Conditions" section you can attach other conditions related to completion or access of other course items. Attach the release condition to the item you wish to hide.
- Examples of release conditions: Restricting when items can be submitted to its dropbox, timing the completion of a quiz, or requiring students to visit the first three content topics in a module before gaining access to the next module.
Note: If you attach multiple conditions to an item, users must meet all conditions before they can access the item.