Creating a Quiz
Step 1: On the Course Home Page, find the Faculty Course Tools Widget. Under the "Teach" drop-down menu, click “Quizzes”.
Step 2: Click New to create a new quiz.
Step 3: The quiz Properties tab will display by default when you create or edit a quiz.
- Enter a name for your quiz in the Name field.
- Select a Grade Item from the drop-down list if you want link the quiz results automatically to the Grades tool. If you want to add a new grade item, choose [add grade item]. See Creating Grade Items for instructions on how to do this.
- Select the box next to Automatic Grade to allow the quiz attempt grade to be seen immediately after the user has completed and submitted the quiz. This setting must be turned on for grades to be automatically sent to the gradebook.
Note: Long Answer (LA), Short Answer (SA), Multi-Short Answer (MSA) and Fill in the Blanks (FIB) Questions cannot be graded automatically. (See the Adding and Editing Questions in a Quiz Tutorial for more information)
Step 4: Use the options located under the Restrictions tab to set up the availability and timing of your quiz.
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Select Active from the Status drop-down list.
- Optional: Select a specific Start or End Date. If you want to display the availability of the quiz in the calendar, select Display in Calendar.
- Optional: To override the availability and timing settings of a quiz for specified users, you can use the Advanced Availability feature. See Restrictions: Giving Users Special Access for instructions on how to do this.
You are now ready to add questions to your quiz. Continue to the Adding and Editing Questions in a Quiz Tutorial.