Portland State University is committed to providing current and prospective students an annual disclosure of consumer information as required by amendments to the U.S. Higher Education Act (HEA). This web page contains a comprehensive list of sources of consumer information for students, employees and the university community.
Process for Resolving Complaints
The Offices of Admissions, Registration & records, Business Affairs, Financial Aid, Dean of Student Life, and all Academic Departments provide specific administrative means to address and resolve most, if not all of the questions, concerns, and complains you may have. The contact information for each of these offices is provided below.
- Admissions Issues (admissions eligibility and process, residencey decisions): Contact the office of Admissions at 503.725.3511 or www.pdx.edu/admissions
- Registration & Records Issues (registration, petition processes, records and transcript issues, degree requirements, and veteran's services): Contact Registration & Records at 503.725.3511 or www.pdx.edu/registration
- Money Matters (billing, tuition/fee payments); Contact the Business Affairs Office at 503.725.3440 or www.pdx.edu/bao
- Financial Aid Issues (loans, scholarships, grants): Contact Financial Aid at 503.725.3461 or www.pdx.edu/finaid
- Student Concerns (ADA, Student Conduct, Well being, Where to Start): Contact the Dean of Student Life at 503.725.4422 or www.pdx.edu/dos
- Instructional Issues (grading, instructor issues): Contact the chair of your instructor's department. Select the department homepage from the one of the following lists to find contact information: www.pdx.edu/admissions/programs-majors
The Office of Admissions, Registration and Records maintains a list of undergraduate and graduate academic programs.
Portland State University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, the official accrediting agency for the region. Find information about specific accredited programs and departments in the PSU Bulletin, page 18.
The Campus Public Safety Office manages campus security, including timely warnings and emergency notifications, crime/incident logs, annual fire safety reports, and missing persons procedures. Their policies and Clery Act web pages cover these topics and others in detail.
Portland State's retention and graduation rates are provided by the Office of Institutional Research and Planning.
The Portland State Library hosts information about copyright policies and resources for employees and students.
Cost of Attendance
The Office of Financial Aid posts information on the cost of attending Portland State.
Distance Education (USDOE Regulations on Filing Complaints)
In compliance with US Department of Education regulations, current and prospective students can find information about the process for filing consumer complaints here.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Prevention Information
The Campus Public Safety Office enforces alcohol and drug laws on-campus. See their policies web page for details. The Student Health and Counseling Office offers resources to address alcohol and drug abuse and support abuse prevention efforts.
Employment Information About PSU Graduates
Students who graduate from degree and certificate programs at Portland State find employment information at the Career Center.
Financial Aid for Study Abroad Enrollment
The Office of Financial Aid provides information on the availability of and eligibility for various forms of financial assistance to defray the cost of attending Portland State.
Principles of Excellence
Portland state is a participating institution in the Principles of Excellence program (EO 13607) for servicing veterans, service members and their families.
The Office of Registration and Records oversees the privacy of student records, including notice to students about their rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Information about student record privacy is also published in the PSU Bulletin, page 36-37.
Tuition refunds are handled by the Business Affairs Office.
The Office of Institutional Research keeps statistics on Portland State retention rates reported to IPEDS.