Risa S. Proehl has been with Portland State University's Population Research Center (PRC) since 1998. She manages the Oregon Population Estimates Program, and is responsible for preparing the Annual Certified Population Estimates for the State of Oregon and its counties and cities. Proehl is Oregon's representative to the Federal-State Cooperative Program for Population Estimates (FSCPE), and sits on its steering committee. This Cooperative is an organization of U.S. Census Bureau staff and state representatives who work together for the improvement and advancement of methodologies for sub-national population estimates.
Proehl's areas of research include coordinated county population forecasts, school enrollment forecasts, community and needs assessments, small area population estimates, and affordable housing market analyses.
Risa's current and recent projects:
* Population Estimates for Transportation Service Areas: Oregon Department of Transportation (2010-11)
* Population Estimates by Gender, Age & Race by Census Tract for Multnomah Co. Health Dept. (2010)
* Population Forecasts for Lane County, its Cities and Unincorporated Area, 2008-2035 (2009)
* Population Forecasts for Marion County (2008)
* Needs Assessment for Portland Youthbuilders
* Enrollment Forecast for Portland Public Schools.
* Identifying Geographic Areas with Potential Housing Segregation in Oregon for Fair Housing Council of Oregon.
* Enrollment Forecast for Albany Public Schools.
* Program Evaluation for Boys and Girls Club of Portland.
* Community Assessment Reports for PPS, Albina, Mt. Hood Community College Head Start and Early Head Start of Portland.