Profiles - Gift
Browse by category:
- All Categories
- Campus Life
- Bike Hub
- Campus Public Safety
- Campus Recreation
- Daily Messages
- Diversity and Multicultural Student Services
- Diversity at PSU
- Housing Dining & Residence Life
- Information Technologies
- Portland State of Mind
- Vikings Athletics
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Multicultural Center
- Native American Student & Community Center
- Student Groups & Government
- Student Health and Counseling
- Student Legal Services
- Visit Portland State
- Women's Resource Center
- Academics & Research
- Portland Center for Public Humanities
- School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Education
- Maseeh College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of the Arts
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Applied Linguistics
- Black Studies
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center for Lakes & Reservoirs
- Center for Science Education
- Chicano-Latino Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- General Studies
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Native American Studies
- Religious Studies
- School of the Environment
- Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Women Gender and Sexuality Studies
- World Languages & Literatures
- School of Social Work
- College of Urban & Public Affairs
- School of Community Health
- Hatfield School of Government
- Institute of Portland Metropolitan Studies
- Toulan School of Urban Studies & Planning
- University Honors College
- PSU Library
- Academic Programs
- Center for Real Estate
- Center for Turkish Studies
- Challenge & LINK Programs
- Education Abroad
- Intensive English Language Program
- International Studies
- Middle East Studies Center
- Peace Corps Master's International
- Sustainability at PSU
- Systems Science Graduate Program
- University Studies
- Academic Services
- Office of Academic Innovation
- Advising & Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- International Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Post-Baccalaureate Admission
- Oregon Residency Status
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Studies
- Office of International Affairs
- Registration & Records
- Dean of Student Life
- Veterans' Services
- Writing Center
- Alumni & Giving
- Academic Affairs
- University Advancement
- Finance & Administration
- Government Relations
- Commission on the Status of Women
- University Communications
- Featured Content
- Global Diversity & Inclusion
Browse by profile type:
Earle M. Chiles
Earle M. Chiles was the recipient of a 2014 Simon Benson Award for philanthropy.
Christine & David Vernier
Christine and David Vernier were the recipients of a 2014 Simon Benson Award for Philanthropy.
Mark Rosenbaum: Chair, PSU Foundation
Thrashers invest in access to education
Marta ’90 and Ken Thrasher endorse Portland State’s mission of access. They recognize the power of education to advance lives and demonstrate their commitment with generous gifts to scholarships.
Honorary Degree Recipient: Lorry I. Lokey
Mr. Lokey is a strong supporter not only of PSU's Judaic Studies program, but also its annual Jewish history lecture series named in his honor and its Judaica collection housed in Millar Library.
Honorary Degree Recipient: Duncan Campbell
Duncan Campbell founded four children's organizations—Youth Resources providing funding for individual children to experience personal growth such as music or dance lessons or a trip to the beach; the Children's Institute promoting investments in early childhood programs; the Children's Course, a Gladstone golf course for at-risk children and their families; and most notably, Friends of the Children.
Honoring Philanthropists: Rick Miller MBA '91 & Erika Miller
This dynamic husband and wife team champions public education, small business, local churches, and senior citizens.
Alumni Marcia Schulmerich and John Salmon give a scholarship gift of a lifetime
John Salmon (’67 MA ’72) and Marcia Schulmerich (class of ’69), are leading examples of alumni who are committed to scholarships. They graduated from PSU with biology degrees and built accomplished careers in health care administration. Along the way, this husband and wife team began giving back to PSU by providing scholarships for biology students.
Capps family gives back by supporting aspiring educators
Roger and Jan Capps are devoted to Portland State. Roger has been an active member of the Alumni Advocates Group, and has made many trips to Salem and Washington, D.C., advocating for PSU. He also served on the Alumni Board for six years. He and Jan still voice their passion for the Vikings at sporting events. And, over time, they increased their giving to PSU.
Middle East Antiquities
In 1962, Mr. Robert Bogue donated a fine and extensive collection of nearly 200 oil lamps to the Middle East Studies Center.
Nathan Cogan. Donor of Fund for Holocaust and Genocide Studies.
Graphic Design Drives Eyerly Scholar
A scholarship in honor of a fallen soldier fuels a rising design dynamo.
From Shower to Flush
Support from Judy '86 and Scott South helps PSU's Hydrology Lab evaluate, treat and recycle rainwater.
Campbell Professor: Doing the Best for Youth
It's a troubling fact that many youth in our society are at risk for homelessness, school dropout, substance abuse, teen pregnancy and delinquency. What can we do?
Nobel, Pulitzer Winner Was Library's First Donor
What Nobel Laureate helped Portland State's library get started again after the disastrous Vanport flood of 1948?
Chief Joseph Bronze Honors Revered Leader
Artist Doug Hyde's sculpture of Chief Joseph graces the Native American Student and Community Center.
Structural Sherlock Creates Engineering Professorship
For over half a century, engineer Arthur (Art) M. James has wondered what makes badly designed buildings and bridges fail, and built sound ones that don't.
New Institute Takes Shape to Preserve and Promote Jazz
Take one fired-up musician/scholar, a network of community partners and the legacy of a beloved jazz legend. Mix thoroughly and jam a while. What do you get?