Profiles - Special Education
Browse by category:
- All Categories
- Global Diversity & Inclusion
- Campus Life
- Athletics & Recreation
- Bike Hub
- Campus Public Safety
- Daily Messages
- Housing Dining & Residence Life
- Information Technologies
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Multicultural Center
- Native American Student & Community Center
- Student Groups & Government
- Student Health and Counseling
- Student Legal Services
- Visit Portland State
- Women's Resource Center
- Academics & Research
- Portland Center for Public Humanities
- School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Education
- Maseeh College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of the Arts
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Applied Linguistics
- Black Studies
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center for Lakes & Reservoirs
- Center for Science Education
- Chicano-Latino Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- General Studies
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Native American Studies
- Religious Studies
- School of the Environment
- Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Women Gender and Sexuality Studies
- World Languages & Literatures
- School of Social Work
- College of Urban & Public Affairs
- School of Community Health
- Hatfield School of Government
- Institute of Portland Metropolitan Studies
- Toulan School of Urban Studies & Planning
- PSU Library
- Academic Programs
- Center for Real Estate
- Center for Turkish Studies
- Challenge & LINK Programs
- Honors Program
- Intensive English Language Program
- International Studies
- Middle East Studies Center
- Peace Corps Master's International
- Sustainability at PSU
- Systems Science Graduate Program
- University Studies
- Academic Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- International Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Post-Baccalaureate Admission
- Oregon Residency Status
- Financial Aid
- Registration & Records
- Office of International Affairs
- Center for Academic Excellence
- Writing Center
- Career Center
- Dean of Student Life
- Graduate Studies
- Alumni & Giving
- Academic Affairs
- University Advancement
- Finance & Administration
- Government Relations
- Commission on the Status of Women
- University Communications
- Featured Content
Browse by profile type:
Meet Professor Christopher Pinkney
Meet Professor Sam Sennott
How can individuals with speech and language disabilities harness the power of technology?
Meet Professor Tiffany Jones
What practices support professionals in identifying and teaching students who have skill deficits versus those with performance deficits? Tiffany Jones explores these questions with students in her instructional methods courses at PSU.
Ask Professor Sheldon Loman
How do we create schools that effectively support all learners in general education environments?
Meet Professor B. Lynn Coupland
Ms. Coupland knows how to differentiate a student's physical, mental or emotional special need from the challenge of learning the English language.
Ask Professor Randall De Pry
How do we support children and youth with challenging behavior in school and community settings?
Meet the first graduate of the Native American Urban Teacher Program
What would it be like to grow up Native American in our preK-12 school system? No one would know this better than Terri Reed, the first graduate of the American Indian Urban Teacher Program (AIUTP).
Ask Professor Julie Esparza Brown
How can you learn to differentiate between ELL students who are struggling because of second language acquisition issues or disorders?
Meet Professor Helen Young
Autism affects one child in 110. Where can teachers learn about effective educational practices for children with autism?
Meet Professor Amanda Sanford
How do we improve literacy outcomes for a diverse range of learners? Dr. Amanda Sanford explores this question in her instructional and supervisory role at Portland State University.
Meet Professor David Allen
How can young children benefit by interacting with senior citizens? Ask Professor David Allen.
Meet Professor Leslie Munson
How can you approach your special education career through family-centered and strengths-based models? Dr. Leslie Munson emphasizes the importance of these approaches as she prepares students to provide services to children with special needs and their families.
Autism Training and Research Center
How do we improve the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorders?
Project BRAILLE - USA
Professor James O."Blue" Bickford in the Department of Special Education is the project director for a national distance distance learning program preparing teachers of children with blindness and visual impairments.
Meet Director Ruth Falco
All children, including those with special needs and disabilities, deserve inclusive and effective educational practices. Ask Professor Ruth Falco about research in the GSE that applies and develops these practices.
Meet Professor Ann Fullerton
How many career paths are available and how many lives can you touch as a special educator? Ask Professor Ann Fullerton, Director of Research.
Meet Professor Chris Borgmeier
Find out how schools can implement evidence-based practices that provide safe, positive school experiences for ALL students.
Meet Professor James Bickford
Visioning the needs of children who are blind and visually impaired lets one reach a zenith of creativity. Dr. Bickford coordinates the sole program in the northwest and a national distance education program that prepares teachers of blind or visually impaired children.