PRC's Post-censal Estimates are the Annual Population Estimates prepared by the Center, based on the most recent Census and represent Oregon's July 1 populations each year during the decade until the next decennial Census. These Estimates are for populations of the State and its counties and cities. PRC Estimates are the official population numbers for Oregon and are used to disburse state revenues to Oregon counties and cities. The Estimates are certified yearly on December 15.
•Certified Population Estimates 2012:
- Estimates of Broad Population Age Groups for Oregon and its counties, as of July 1, 2012
Supplements to the 2012 Population Report ((annexations):
- Supplement 1, December 31, 2012 (Download .pdf file)
•December 2011: Certified Population Estimates
- Estimates of Broad Population Age Groups for Oregon and its counties, as of July 1, 2011
• 2011 Annual Population Report Tables (March 28, 2012)
Download Tables (Excel file)
Please note: if a city has not completed and returned its annual housing unit and population questionnaire, its population estimate is held constant from the previous year.
- Supplements to the 2011 Population Report (annexations):
Supplement 4, September 30, 2012 (Download .pdf file)
Supplement 3, June 30, 2012 (Download .pdf file)
Supplement 2, March 31, 2012 (Download .pdf file)
Supplement 1, December 31, 2011 (Download .pdf file)
• Intercensal Estimates
PRC prepares Intercensal Estimates to represent July 1 populations for years 2000-2009; these estimates are based on the PRC annual post-censal Population Estimates for the same years, but with Census 2010 incorporated. They are therefore more accurate than the post-censal estimates, as they consider two decennial Censuses. They can be thought of as post-censal estimates that are adjusted to align with the recent Census. Note that the intercensal estimates are developed for counties and the State, but do not include cities.
- 2000-2009 County Intercensal Estimates (Download Excel)
- 2000-2009 Intercensal Population Estimates by Age Group for Oregon and Counties (Download Excel)
- 1990-2000 County Intercensal Estimates (Download PDF or Excel)
- 2000-2010 Components of Population Change (Download Excel)
- 1990-2000 Components of Population Change (Download PDF or Excel)