You and your family are invited to a free seminar on the basics of estate planning. Sponsored by the PSU Office of University Development as a service to all PSU faculty and staff, this seminar will feature three outstanding estate planning professionals from the Portland area:
- Kay Abramowitz, Attorney at Law, Ater Wynne, LLP
- June Wiyrick Flores, Attorney at Law, Ater Wynne, LLP
- Roy Abramowitz, CPA, CFP, Perkins & Co. P.C.
All have superior experience in the legal and tax issues related to planning one's estate. Each will give a presentation, with time allowed for questions and answers.
Topics to be covered include:
- Wills vs. Trusts
- Dying Without a Will
- Planning for the Non-Traditional Couple
- Planning for Those Who Have Had Multiple Marriages
- Beneficiaries of Qualified Plans and Insurance Policies
- Use of Power of Attorney
- Advance Directives
- HIPPA Release
- Burial Instructions
- POLST Form
- New Tax Relief Act
- Estate Planning Rules for 2011 and 2012
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Concept of Portability
- Need for Tax Planning in Oregon and Washington
- Income Taxation of Retirement Plans and IRA Rollovers
This information is crucial for us all as we make plans. In addition, the information in this seminar is extremely timely in that it includes information on the new tax laws which will impact everyone. Detailed handouts from all three speakers will be available to all attendees
The Seminar will be held on
Saturday, March 5th
Smith Memorial Student Union, Browsing Lounge (2nd floor)
10:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Coffee available at 9:30 AM (Seminar will begin promptly at 10:00 AM)
RSVP so we can plan for refreshments and seating. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Eriko at 503-725-4478. If you have questions about this seminar, please contact me at email@example.com or 503-725-5086.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Mary Anne Rees, Director of Gift Planning
PSU Office of University Development