Shattuck Hall, originally built in 1914 as Shattuck Elementary School, was transformed into a dynamic facility in 2010. Home to PSU’s Department of Architecture and Public Safety Office, the building encompasses a multi-level open floor plan, naturally lit studios, a roof top gallery, digital lab, and extensive materials lab for model-making, woodworking, metalworking, foundry and digital fabrication. From the architect and contractor to the mechanical and electrical engineers, the project team diligently pursued an integrated design process to make Shattuck Hall a model for green building renovation.
- 2010 Historic Renovation
- 19% better than national energy code
- Largest installation on West Coast of radiant heating and cooling ceiling panels
- Engineering Excellence 2010 Project of the Year by American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon