Numbers: as of 2/5/14
- # of FR APPS Received for fall 2014: 5770
- # of FR APPS Received for fall 2013 (same week): 4913
- # of FR ADMITS for fall 2014: 4242
- # of FR ADMITS for fall 2013 (same week): 3071
- # of TR APPS Received for fall 2014: 1582
- # of TR APPS Received for fall 2013 (same week): 1709
- # of TR ADMITS for fall 2014: 821
- # of TR ADMITS for fall 2013 (same week): 452
MHCC and PSU
On Thursday, February 6, 2014 the president's of Mt Hood Community College and PSU met to renew the Co-Admission agreement and sign the Reverse Transfer agreement with Mt. Hood Community College. The original agreement was signed in winter 1999. We have streamlined processes and added some benefits to the agreement since that time.
The program allows credits from Portland State to be sent to MHCC, who will then evaluate each student's record to see if the student has earned an associate's degree.
- Application process is now on-line and starts at PSU
- New co-admit data is shared weekly with MHCC
- Co-Admitted students can now live in PSU housing even if only enrolled at the CC
- Post-baccalaureate students working on a 2nd bachelor’s degree may now participate in co-admission
Western Undergraduate Exchange
On January 23, 2014 eligible freshmen from Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, North Mariana Island, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, Nevada, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming were awarded the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) tuition remission “scholarship”. Students must meet WUE eligibility requirements based on academics and selected program major. This is the earliest PSU has communicated scholarships to recipients in the recruitment cycle. Admissions Counselors will be placing personal calls to each student congratulating them on their award!
Oregon Transfer Days
In the months of January and February, Kelly Craig will travel to 15 community college campuses in Oregon to promote PSU. She will also provide information to advisors at each community college campus and meet with prospective transfer students. Oregon Transfer Days is a college fair circuit promoting higher education in Oregon at community colleges campuses. Information regarding these visits can be found on the Transfer Student Services website www.pdx.edu/transferstudent.
Spring OUS Tour
It has been a tradition of the seven OUS campuses to participate in a fall tour to high schools in local and rural areas across Oregon. In an effort to inform and recruit high school juniors the tour was reset to happen in the spring. The launch of the new tour timeframe will begin the end of March through the last week of April 2014. PSU will host a campus plan where local high schools will congregate on our campus to hear about the opportunities for higher education in the state of Oregon. PSU had the opportunity to present to almost 6,000 high school students in 2012 during the fall tour. Our hope is to again promote OUS opportunities and PSU to many more students this spring.