The PCMI Program enables you to combine graduate degree, overseas experience and community service with the support and training from your University and the Peace Corps Program.
Benefits: A Brief Overview
- Theoretical and Practical preparation and training for your overseas service.
- Academic support for credit work during field service.
- Waiver of Tuition fees for the Peace Corps service work (check the PCMI Master's Program link above for the number of credits involved).
- Availability of some financial aid in the form of Graduate Assistantships on a competitive basis.
- Medical and Dental coverage during Peace Corps Service through Peace Corps.
- Options for affordable continued medical coverage on return through Peace Corps.
- Option of Financial Aid loan deferment for some federal programs for Peace Corps Service.
- Perkins loan may be discounted for Peace Corps Service (if not consolidated)
- Payment of living expenses while in the field and transition funds at the end of successful completion of field service paid by Peace Corps.
- Vacation time during Peace Corps field Service
- Greater preparedness for a job market that recognizes the increasing importance of skills in the Global economy and within international frameworks.
- Be part of a cohort of "fellow traveler" students and Peace Corps Volunteers both in your University and Globally.
For full information on Peace Corps Support go to Peace Corps "What Are the Benefits?"