Finding a home in the South Park Blocks
The former Lincoln High School, at the corner of SW Market and Park, takes on a new life in 1952 and is dubbed Old Main. It is now Lincoln Hall and home of the School of Fine and Performing Arts.
Seated to Governor Paul Patterson's right is John Cramer, the first president of Portland State College, and to Patterson's far left is Stephen Epler, at the signing of legislation on February 14, 1955, making Portland State a four-year college.
Students and supporters celebrate four-year college status with a six-block long cavalcade of cars. (1955)