Viking Days Event Request
Thank you for your interest in submitting an event for Viking Days. Before you begin the submission process, read the following information to learn more.
Viking Days events is organized into broad Viking Days themed days. These themes include:
- University Success (September 21-22)
- Connect to PSU (September 23-25)
- Explore Portland (September 26-27)
Campus Scheduling and New Student Programs are working together to subsidize and cover the cost of set-up fees for groups that schedule space in Smith Memorial Student Union (SMSU). Unless you request special AV Services or coordinate Campus Catering, there will be no cost for PSU organizations to program in SMSU during Viking Days.
Online Event Submissions: Read Before Beginning Process
IMPORTANT NOTE: the deadline for submitting events is July 24th at 5:00pm. Please contact Marcella Flores (Odin: maflores) if you have any questions PRIOR to this date.
As you will not be able to save the online form, please gather the following information before you begin this process:
All Groups will Need:
- Contact information
- Title of event
- Event description (maximum of 100 characters)
- Expected attendance
- Location (such as Smith Memorial Student Union) you are requesting, if applicable
- Dates/times you are requesting to host your event
- Viking Days theme that your event matches
Additional Information that Student Groups will Need:
- Contact information for your group's adviser (name, phone, and e-mail)
- Student Group/Departmental Index Code (student groups must have this, plus budget approval from their respective adviser)
(Note: Index codes will only be used for groups that request AV Services and/or Campus Catering; however, all groups are required to list this code.)
Additional Information that Campus Departments will Need:
- Departmental Index Code (Note: Index codes will only be used for departments that request AV Services and/or Campus Catering; however, all departments are required to list this code.)
After You Submit Your Event
- Submitting your event does not guarantee that it will be offered during the times or located in the space that you request. You will receive a confirmation message in August 2015 that has your full event information. This allows us time to consider the needs of all event requests.
- Consider your unique event needs, such as catering, furniture requests, or AV Services. The deadline for ordering items through Campus Catering and AV Services is September 4.
- Feel free to contact us if you have questions after your event is submitted. You will receive contact information for each department in your submission receipt e-mail.