There is not a formal Orientation program for non-degree seeking (formerly Quick Entry) students though there are a variety of resources available:
- Meet with an academic advisor
- Class schedule and catalog
- Online course registration
- Go on a campus tour
Credits earned as a non degree- student may be applied towards a degree at PSU. In order to receive a degree you must be admitted to the university. For more information on how to be admitted, visit the admissions web page.
Please remember that certain restrictions apply to Non-Degree Students:
- You can only register for a maximum of 8 credits during Fall, Winter, and Spring terms.
- You are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- You are only eligible for services at the Center for Student Health and Counseling and for the Basic Insurance Plan if you are enrolled in at least 5 credit hours
- You are not entitled to subsidized use of the Helen Gordon Child Development Center, or free admission to most athletic events.
- Registration for classes will occur after priority registration dates have passed for all admitted students.
- Subject to same deadlines, payment schedules as admitted students.
- Subject to the same scholastic standards as admitted students.
Already a non-degree student?
We've put together a Checklist with tips on what you will want to take care of before classes begin.