Fall Freshmen Orientation
Fall 2015 Freshmen Orientation
Freshmen are students who are transferring 0-29 credit hours to PSU. If you are transferring 30 credits or more, please review the Transfer Orientation session information.
So you have submitted your Intent to Enroll? Now it's time to sign up for your Fall Orientation session, which can be done in 6 steps below. (If you still need to submit your Intent to Enroll, please do so at the Undergraduate Intent to Enroll webpage.)
- Take the math placement exam (if required based on major).
- Gather the following: your PSU ID number, intended major*, and guests who will attend with you.
- Please have credit/debit card (Visa and Mastercard only) information ready to complete payment for any guests that will attend with you.
- Locate your intended major* on the Advising List to determine orientation dates available to you.
- Select and sign-up for your desired date (we recommend that you attend the earliest available option where your intended major is available for advising).
- Review what to expect at your Orientation.
* Intended major is what you hope to study when arriving to campus. If your intended major is different from your admission or current major, please submit an update by using the Online Major Change Form,but please sign up for an orientation session based off of your intended major.
You must select an Orientation date when advising is available from your intended major. Navigate the list by selecting your College/School among the tabs/links. If you are unsure of which College/School houses your major, view the Major List.
*If you are in a pre-professional program such as Pre-Health and Pre-Education, you must attend one of the sessions where those advisers are available, NOT your major adviser.
All on-campus orientations have concluded. If you still need to register for Fall term 2015, please call us at 503-725-5511 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
What to Expect at Orientation
Unsure of how to plan for your upcoming session? Learn what to bring for your Orientation session to ensure an efficient and successful first-term at Portland State.
Joining us from California or Hawaii? Consider joining us for one of our programs hosted in your area.
More information can be found on our Out-of-State Orientation website.
Bilingual Family Program
Please join us on July 10 to partake in our Bilingual Family Program for Spanish speaking familes. More information can be found on our Bilingual Family Program website.
Students with majors specified below are required to take the math placement exam PRIOR to signing up for an Orientation session unless:
- You have taken Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, or another college-level (100 and above) math course at a college or university in the past 12 months, you are not required to take the math placement exam.
|Civil Engineering||Health Studies|
|Computer Science||Mechanical Engineering|
*Pre-health Professions: All students who are on a Pre-health Profession track include students who are pursuing careers such as as pre-nursing, pre-medicine, pre-dental, pre-dental hygiene, pre-optometry, pre-pharmacy, pre-occupational therapy, pre-physical therapy, pre-veterinary, pre-naturopathy, pre-clinical lab science, pre-radiation therapy, pre-chiropractic and all others.