Back to the Future
Understanding how Misdemeanors, Felonies and Other Blips in Your Past Can Affect Your Future
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Location: Smith Memorial Student Union Room 238
Description: Many jobs now require background checks as a condition of employment. This workshop will explore how you deal with those youthful (or not so youthful) indiscretions in your past when you apply for jobs that require background checks. Come to get some of these commonly asked questions answered:
- What rules do employers have to follow if they require a background check?
- What type of background searches may be conducted by employers?
- Can an employer check your credit?
- If there is something in your background that may disqualify you for a job, what can you do about it?
- Can criminal charges be removed from your record?
- If you aren’t eligible to have charges removed, how do you answer questions about your past on job applications and in interviews?
Requests for reasonable accommodations may be made to Conference & Events Office:
(503) 725 CONF, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Disability Resource Center, (503) 7254150, email: email@example.com. In order to ensure that reasonable accommodations can be provided in time for this event, please make your requests as soon as possible.