Become an Orientation Leader!
Applications to be a 2016 Orientation Leader are now open!
Joining the PSU Orientation Team allows you to hone and expand your leadership skills while connecting new students and their families to the PSU community. We hire a new team during each academic year that includes both new OLs and returning OLs. Not only will you form a strong bond with your teammates, other students, and PSU representatives, you will also have the ability to help all new students acclimate to campus.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Orientation: Advising and Registration Days, Quarterly Orientation Programs, Family Orientation, International Student Orientation, Viking Days, New Student Convocation, and Party in the Park
- Provide information about a variety of topics to entering students and their families
- Present a positive image of the University by facilitating campus tours and information sessions
- Assist incoming students with academic advising and course registration
- Initiate and develop open communication with students and family members during Orientation
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, other OLs, and students in order to facilitate the success of all components of the Orientation program
- Participate in all OL training activities
- Participate in the continual evaluation process of all Orientation programs
- Competitive student wages
- PSU gear and nametag
- Networking with PSU Faculty and Professional Staff
- Learning valuable knowledge/insight that will enhance your PSU student experience
Typical Application and Selection Time Line:
- Fall term:
- Winter term:
Applications available January 4th
Information Sessions in January
- Tuesday, January 19th, from 4:15pm to 5:00pm in the Board Room on the 5th floor of the ASRC
- Thursday, January 21st, from 4:15pm to 5:00pm in the Board Room on the 5th floor of the ASRC
- Monday, January 25th, from 4:15pm to 5:00pm in the Board Room on the 5th floor of the ASRC
- Wednesday. January 27th, from 4:15pm to 5:00pm in the Board Room on the 5th floor of the ASRC
- Applications due on February 4th at 11:59pm
Interviews occur in February
Selection in March
- Spring term:
- Summer term:
Begin welcoming students!