Become an Orientation Leader (OL)!
General Information about Orientation Leaders at PSU
The application deadline for becoming a 2013 Orientation Leader (OL) was February 1, 2013. Read the position description to learn more about this unique leadership opportunity.
Joining the PSU Orientation Team allows you to hone and expand your leadership skills while connecting new students and their families to the PSU community. We hire a new team during each academic year that includes both new OLs and returning OLs. Not only will you form a strong bond with your teammates, other students, and PSU representatives, you will also have the ability to help all new students acclimate to campus.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Orientation: Advising and Registration Days, Quarterly Orientation Programs, Family Orientation, International Student Orientation, Viking Days, New Student Convocation, and Party in the Park
- Disseminate information about a variety of topics to entering students and their families
- Present a positive image of the University by facilitating campus tours and information sessions
- Assist incoming students with academic advising and course registration
- Initiate and develop open communication with students and family members during Orientation
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, other OLs, and students in order to facilitate the success of all components of the Orientation program
- Participate in all OL training activities
- Participate in the continual evaluation process of all Orientation programs
- Competitive student wages
- PSU gear and nametag
- Networking with PSU Faculty and Professional Staff
- Learning valuable knowledge/insight that will enhance your PSU student experience
Typical Application and Selection Time Line:
- Fall term:
- Winter term:
Information Sessions in January
Applications due in January
Interviews occur in February
Selection in March
- Spring term:
Training begins with Spring term course
- Summer term:
Begin welcoming students!