Meet Our Team
Orientation Programs Staff
Brett graduated from Portland State University in 2009. Upon graduation, he was accepted into Teach For America and taught middle school special education in Brooklyn, NY while also working toward his Master’s Degree in Special Education at Hunter College. Brett later joined the team at Nickelodeon, assisting in the daily production and development of the pre-school program Team Umizoomi. Brett is thrilled to return to PSU and contribute to the successful transition into campus life for the school’s next generation of students. Brett enjoys diving into creative projects, and hopes to one day be a published writer. Brett’s advice for new students is: “Get involved on campus! There are over 250 student groups at PSU. You’ll definitely find a group or cause you’re passionate about.”
Meet our Orientation Team!
We strive to be a one stop shop at Portland State University that provides innovative programs and services that are accessible to all incoming students and their families.
Orientation Programs is a department within the Enrollment Management alignment area at Portland State University. Our mission is to coordinate programs and services that support the transition of incoming students and their families into the campus community. We accomplish this mission by:
- providing academic and non-academic connections;
- synthesizing and communicating campus information; and
- establishing and maintaining partnerships across campus and in the Portland area.
We are committed to utilizing sustainable practices which adapt to our diverse community needs and promote student success.
Through participating in Orientation, students will:
- Confirm their decision to attend PSU.
- Learn how to navigate resources and support services.
- Learn about graduation requirements.
- Learn how to access advising services after Orientation.
- Register for first term courses.
Through participating in Viking Days, students will:
- Feel welcomed by the Portland State campus community.
- Feel a strong connection with the Portland State community.
- Plan to get involved with at least one student group during this academic year.
- Plan to utilize the services of at least one campus department during this academic year.