This article describes how to connect to the PSU wireless network using the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen.
- From the list of available wireless networks, select PSU and click Connect.
- Launch a web browser. Your browser will be directed to the PSU Wireless Network login page.
- Log in with your Odin Username and Password. If you have an active Oregon State University or University of Oregon computer account, you can log in using your email address and password.
Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity for Windows XP
- Make sure the wireless radio on your computer is active. Some computers have a light which indicates that the wireless radio is on or off. This is often controlled by a switch on the laptop and/or keyboard keys. For example, pressing Fn and F2 on a Dell computer will toggle Wi-Fi on and off. Refer to your computer's documentation for more information.
- If you have previously connected to a different wireless network on campus, your computer may be attempting to automatically connect to the wrong one. For example, your laptop may connect to PSU Secure when you need it to connect to PSU. To prevent this, open the Network and Sharing Center and click Manage Wireless Networks.
- Select the network you do not wish to connect to, and click Remove.
For additional assistance, bring your laptop to the Helpdesk.