Wi-Fi: Mac OS X
This article describes how to configure Mac operating systems (running OS X 10.8 or higher) to connect to the secure wireless networks available on the PSU campus.
Connecting to the PSU Wireless Network
- Select the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar and choose PSU Secure.
- Enter your Odin username and password and select OK.
- If you are prompted to accept the user certificate, enter the username and password you use for your computer.
- Select OK.
- You are now connected to PSU Wi-Fi. From now on, you should be automatically connected whenever the PSU Secure network is available.
Solving Connection Problems
- If you take too long typing in your credentials, you may receive a “Connection timeout error” message. Just select OK a second time and it will try again. If this fails, turn Wi-Fi off, wait 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
- In some instances, the certificate will not be automatically trusted and each time you connect to the network (such as when you use your laptop in a different part of campus), you will be prompted to accept the certificate again. To solve this issue:
- Select Show Certificate instead of selecting Continue.
- Check the box next to “Always trust” and select Continue.
- Enter your computer username and password (not your Odin account) when prompted and select OK.
If the previous steps didn't fixed your connection issue, you can try deleting your wireless profile using the following steps:
- Select the Wi-Fi icon () in the menu bar, then select Open Network Preferences.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Wi-Fi from the row of tabs.
- In the Preferred Networks box, select any PSU networks.
- Select the (–) button.
- Select 802.1X from the row of tabs.
- Expand the User Profiles section.
- Select any PSU networks.
- Select the – button.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply.
- Follow the steps in the "Connecting the PSU Wireless Network" to reconnect to the network.
Please keep in mind that the easiest way to troubleshoot connection problems is in person. If possible, please bring your machine to the Helpdesk in SMSU 18.
Contact the Helpdesk for additional assistance.